The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

%ErrorLog% : Output just the errors that occurred in the workflow

I propose another wildcard, %ErrorLog%, that would simply output the error codes and narratives instead of having to use the %OutputLog% to see these.  I'd rather not have a 4 MB text email depicting every line of code and action in the module when all I really need to see are the errors.

16 Comments
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @patrick_digan!

Due to a large number of factors involved with the idea feedback loop with product, I can't guarantee when an idea will get reviewed. However, based on the amount of likes present I would consider it a likely candidate for review in the near future.

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Our product team is currently working through evaluating the technical requirements behind implementing this idea. While this is occurring, which can take some time, I'm updating this idea to Under Review. Once our team can better speak on if or when we could implement this idea I'll update the idea accordingly! 

Coric002
6 - Meteoroid

Is there any updated on this request? Would be easier if we could get just the error and not the whole log. 

lecorrea09
7 - Meteor

I was looking for the same thing as I think it would be really useful, and just had the idea that this can achieved by wrapping the workflow in a Control Container and using the output from the Control Container to filter Errors and send it with the Email tool as opposed to Events.

Coric002
6 - Meteoroid
Status changed to: Under Review

jemlabandilo
5 - Atom

Any update on this?