This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
As an admin - we currently need to download a large number of different binaries for every release; then package them for internal deployment; then send them out.
This creates unnecessary work for our admin teams, our packaging teams, our deployment teams etc.
This problem is becoming more acute now that Alteryx is shipping add-on tools via the public gallery - so our standard desktop designer can now require 10 or more separately packaged installs.
Can we please change the download experience to allow enterprise admins to:
- Select the components that they want in a standard download
- This would allow for a menu selection across all the starter kits (e.g. Tableau; microsoft; qlik); the standard designer; the predictive
- it would also allow for a menu selection across public gallery assets so that we can include things like the model comparison tool and other new predictive capabilities
- the addins for Microsoft R Server
- database drivers
- Connect data loaders
- Server components
- Given this set a name (like "Standard designer install") since in a large enterprise we will have several different configurations (some for super-users; some for standard users). In our world we'd have "Standard Designer"; "Admin"; "Connect Controller"; "SuperUser" as our starting list.
- Then download one installer which is the aggregated set of these in one place
- ... and finally allow the Admin to be notified when any component in the install set changes so that they can download the new version.