The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Enhancement to the DOWNLOAD tool for SFTP

Hi Team,  

I am starting to utilize alteryx as our platform to run our daily data load process.  A bunch of the data are sent via SFTP and it would be a lot simpler if the following features are directly available instead of utilizing the run command and/or scripting.

1. Ability to use wildcard in the download instead of specifically defining the filenames. (can be done indirectly but have to use multiple tools --> 2 downloads, parse, etc.)

2. Ability to delete files after the files have been downloaded successfully.

- I have seen a couple of posts in the community trying to do this but haven't found one that worked for me; again this was utilizing run command and scripts and other utility programs)

Appreciate if you can look into this request !

3 Comments
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @melissa_m ,

Fully agree that additional support for SFTP or a tool that was built specifically for FTP would be a great addition.

Here's a related idea: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/User-friendly-download-tool/idi-p/82673

Mmisiji60
7 - Meteor

Hi, this would be so much helpful,

when it comes to sFTP i also use batch scripting, as you said its hard  to implement in every workflow .

If would be great if the download tool can be enhanced,

or a new tool is designated for higher  than sha1 authentication protocols

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes