Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Enhancement to the DOWNLOAD tool for SFTP

Hi Team,  

I am starting to utilize alteryx as our platform to run our daily data load process.  A bunch of the data are sent via SFTP and it would be a lot simpler if the following features are directly available instead of utilizing the run command and/or scripting.

1. Ability to use wildcard in the download instead of specifically defining the filenames. (can be done indirectly but have to use multiple tools --> 2 downloads, parse, etc.)

2. Ability to delete files after the files have been downloaded successfully.

- I have seen a couple of posts in the community trying to do this but haven't found one that worked for me; again this was utilizing run command and scripts and other utility programs)

Appreciate if you can look into this request !

3 Comments
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @melissa_m ,

Fully agree that additional support for SFTP or a tool that was built specifically for FTP would be a great addition.

Here's a related idea: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/User-friendly-download-tool/idi-p/82673

Mmisiji60
7 - Meteor

Hi, this would be so much helpful,

when it comes to sFTP i also use batch scripting, as you said its hard  to implement in every workflow .

If would be great if the download tool can be enhanced,

or a new tool is designated for higher  than sha1 authentication protocols

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes