Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

[Enhancement Request] Convert Input to Dynamic

Would be great if we could right click on an input and in addition to having "convert to macro input" there was an option for "convert to dynamic input".

4 Comments
BenG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Hi Patrick,

Just making sure I understand the use case.  If I've built out a workflow with a single input and then I realize I want to add multiple files or put in a SQL statement from a field, it'd be nice if we could start with the current configuration and then just switch to dynamic input.  How much of the configuration would you expect to keep?  Is there another part of this I'm missing?

Thanks for the idea,
Ben
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar
You've got it.

I have several workflows that were built for one specific input - and a few weeks later I realized that I had several spreadsheets with hundreds of rows in a single field each that I would need to input.
I'd like to be able to right click and use the input I alread have as the template for a dynamic input; then use the directory input tool to get data inputs from my folder of spreadsheets.
All speadsheets have the same formatting - but I've received them over time from several individuals which is why the data is not in a single sheet.
jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Coming Soon

Thank you for the suggestion. This will be included in the 2019.3 release.

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

This is now available in the 2019.3 release. Download it at http://downloads.alteryx.com