Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Enhanced authentication to allow SSO for SharePoint Input tool

It would be useful if enhancements could be made to the Sharepoint Input tool to support SSO. In my organisation we host a lot of collaborative work on SharePoints protected by ADFS authentication and directly pulling data from them is not supported with the SharePoint input tool, it is blocked. The addition of this feature to enable it to recognise logins would be very useful.

16 Comments
jeffreynitz
6 - Meteoroid

Using CData ODBC to SharePoint is the only work around I found for this but it is $600 per license and we have 65 developers so it is quite costly. Please replicate CData for the SharePoint connector in future versions of Alteryx.

Godes1
5 - Atom

I agree being able to use the standard SharePoint Input and Output tools with SharePoint Online/365 with SSO is incredibly important and a need for my company. 

One vote from for me too for this idea.

Sharepoint connection with SSO should be an inbuilt feature within Alteryx.

We are limited at present due to not able to read the sharpoint online data.

marcin_p
6 - Meteoroid

Hi

Do you know anything when puling data from SharePoint would be available?

molly_zechar
5 - Atom

I would agree with the statements above. Updating the SharePoint connector to work with federated security would have an important impact on my business. After recent security upgrades, several Alteryx workflows will no longer execute and as a result our business teams are viewing reports where critical information pulled from SharePoint is no longer up to date. 

paighowal
7 - Meteor

I agree. we need this

GouthamShetty
7 - Meteor

Agree!

jason_scarlett
10 - Fireball

Count me in on this bandwagon too.

J_Paul
5 - Atom

This is a legitimate need at my company as well.  Has anyone heard anything regarding the potential for this in a future version?

jason_scarlett
10 - Fireball

3 months later and we have yet another use case for this.

I'm thinking python may be the way to go, but for me that would be a few days of googling stack exchange for code.