Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Dynamic Input - metadata (filename, record number in file list) as output fields

Currently if I read multiple files through Directory Tool +Dynamic Input, I will not know which final records is from which file, which can be extreme useful.

I also know, the files need to be the same schema (a second limitation), but the filename itself will be handy

2 Comments
DanielG
12 - Quasar

Hi,

When you add the dynamic input and connect the template data source you get the pop-up box with the connection link and the options listed underneath.

Item#4 is Output fieldname as field, which you can change to File Name Only or Full Path to get that information.

As it pulls each item in from the the directory it will tag each row with the filename or full path (depending on your choice).

That should solve your problem.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes