The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Dynamic Detour

It would be really great to have Dynamic Detour tool where you could specify the detour direction as an input to the tool rather than an imbedded control.

This would allow workflow branching.

Using a filter for this passes a dataset with no rows in it which causes dynamic in-db or dynamic input tools to error.

4 Comments
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @wwatson!

Thank you for your feedback! I just wanted check with you if this idea is related to the Programmatic Detour idea since they seem to be in the same vein of thought. If not I would love to hear a bit more in depth on how the functionality you're looking for would work.

wwatson
12 - Quasar

We actually just created a macro using a Python tool and wrote the code ourselves. The code is simple and routes the input stream to one of the outputs based on a second input value.

Something like if input1 = 1 then feed the input2 to output1 else feed input2 to output2. We wrapped this in a macro to turn it into a tool for the users. The macro has 2 inputs and 2 outputs.

Below is our help document for the tool. We are planning a multi output versions where the value fed to the Check input could be 1,2,3,4, or 6 and that would route the main input stream to the matching output anchor.

wwatson_0-1606125666828.png

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

haraldharders
9 - Comet

I guess the Control Containers are a superior workaround for this tool...