The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Drop a tool on multiple connections

Let's say I have an Input tool and a Browse tool connected in my workflow (Picture 1). I drag and drop another tool between them, it's fine (Picture 2).

Now I have a Select (or any other tool) connected to the Input tool but not to the Browse (Picture 3). So now my input tool has two output connections.

I want to add a tool, let's say a Filter tool after the Input but to both connections. If I drag and drop the Filter tool where connections are together just after the output anchor of the Input tool it insert the tool only within one of the connection (Picture 4).

The idea (and you might have guess by now) is to automatically add the new tool to all output connections  when it is dropped near the output anchor of the a tool present in the canvas.

4 Comments
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @Jean-Balteryx!

Thank you for posting your feedback! This is a fun idea for our UX team, so I've updated the post to include our User Experience Design tag to make sure our UX team will see this once the like criteria is met. Also thank you for including the images, it helps our product team to fully understand the vision and needs of an idea.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Great idea!  It's very annoying that it doesn't happen like that already!

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

This is a great idea - I find myself needing to work around this quite often!