The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Drawing Tools e.g. Line/Arrow, plus a few more

Hello, 

Please can we have some drawing tools, so we can add another dimension to our workflows.  I would like to draw arrows and lines across my workflow, so I can show the different stages of the workflow. I could use containers as an alternative, but feel lines would be better.

Also, is their a grid-line option, and a space equally (to spread tools evenly across work page), and an auto straighten!

Also, when you FIND, it would be nice if the Find box is allowed to stay on screen, whilst you work on the tool that has just been found; and if the founded tool can be highlighted more clearly so it can be seen. 

Also, a timer, so we can see how long the workflow runs for.

That's it for now. 

Thanks

19 Comments
DaveD
6 - Meteoroid

Yeah this would be really helpful from a documenting point of view

MikaMM
5 - Atom

Adding drawing is really a no-brainer, please implement

reubank
5 - Atom

Would love to see this implemented!

Rich_Hirth
5 - Atom

I also found this thread looking for drawing tools.

I'd really like the ability to show the type of relationship between salesforce objects by adding standard relationship arrows

Nonsensely
7 - Meteor

I concur. I am working on automating audit reporting and would like to add instructions with arrows. I really thought that would be a no brainer for any development team. 

this_is_the_Way
6 - Meteoroid

This is a great idea. It would be especially useful for training people remotely via screenshare.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

pliskers
7 - Meteor

Just went looking for a drawing tool to assist with documentation.  Just need the basics - lines, arrows, etc., with color selection.

kdvr
5 - Atom

Any updates on this? It would a great feature.