The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Dragging in Tools from Tabs

Hi - I miss the functionality in 9.5 of being able to set a default tool in a tab and then drag in tools from the tab. This seems to be gone in 10. Is there any possibility of it coming back?

Many thanks - Nathalie

3 Comments
rdoptis
11 - Bolide

I agree - I have been meaning to write a post on this exact topic! 

GeoffJ
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Our hope is that the customizable Tool Palette makes up for the loss of this functionality, and we aren't currently planning to bring it back.

The ability to drag tools directly from the tabs was often confusing to new users (Wait, are those tabs or are they tools?). At the same time, some experienced users didn't even know that the functionality existed. My own personal experience was that initially, I missed it because I was used to it, but after about a week, it no longer bothered me.

Nevertheless, we are always interested in re-evaluating the user interface to provide the best user experience possible. We would be especially interested in hearing from folks after they have used 10.0 for a couple of months. We would want to know if it was still a pain point for you, or if it was just something you were used to doing. I would add that if we did restore this functionality, it would probably be a user setting that was "off" by default.

Thanks,

Geoff

Community_Admin
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Inactive