Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Distribute Tools Horizontally/Vertically

It would be nice if we can arrange some tools on the canvas neatly by one click and having them distributed evenly (horizontally/vertically).

See this picture which worth thousand words.

Dsitribute Tools Horizontally/Vertically.jpg

25 Comments
RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

This is now available in the 2018.2 release. You now have the ability to align tools and distribute evenly. Check it out! 

MY
5 - Atom

@RachelW

I see alignment function, but not the "distribute evenly" function. Latter one launched? searched for setting pages and couldn't figure out :S

Here's what I see when I right-click on Canvas with multiple tools selected. (Admin Designer Ver:2018.1.3.42973)

Alt Cap.JPG

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@MY This feature was shipped in 2018.2. It looks like you are on version 2018.1. 

tom_montpool
12 - Quasar

I like the Distribute Horizontally and Vertically right-click menu options that I now have in Alteryx 2018.4

leebria3
8 - Asteroid

Is there a hotkey for 'Distribute Horizontally' and 'Distribute Vertically'?

leebria3_0-1662224022503.png