Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Display data table on apps

Motivation:

I have an app that a team at my company uses to (sort of) quickly verify transactions. Our legacy VBA application was pretty slick, but in Alteryx it is fairly clunky.

Problem:

I can not figure out, after a reasonable amount of searching, how to get the Alteryx app to display data before inputs are added. This seems like such an obvious feature-- I have written many Shiny apps that do exactly this. The current Alteryx app is very inefficient. The user must run one app to select a case to review. That app downloads a pdf with the info on it. The user must then run another app that closes the case with the needed information. This process is very slow and inefficient and the users are starting to  migrate back towards 2 excel spreadsheets.

Solution:

We need a way to display a data table or spreadsheet (or whatever) on the app itself. The workflow needs to be: Open app, select case, data pops up,  off-app work, cases are updated and saved into the ledger. If this solution is available, please show me how to do this. If this is not available can the feature request be considered.

Thank you,

Bryan

4 Comments
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This sort of interactivity would be a great add for the server.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

rbasaria
7 - Meteor

Yeah, something like this would be great!

I am currently working on a chained app that pulls demographics based on a trade, outputs a file with those values, then the second app in the chain allows the user to overwrite those values if desired, then a report is created based on either the pulled data or the overwritten values or some combination of both depending on what the user input. 

Currently, my work around is to have the first app output a table for the user to download and view. You know how people that don't work in analytics like this are...they don't want to download extra files, and they want things to be as efficient as possible, so they aren't super happy with this intermediate step, but its the only work around I can think right now. Something that displayed the table and allowed a user input in a text box right next to the pulled value would be really beneficial in streamlining this kind of process.

hansfinesse
8 - Asteroid

Need to be implemented