Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Disabled containers can still be expanded

Most of the time I use containers to help structure and layout my workflow, as well as then enabling or disabling different parts of it. It would be nice however to still see the tools within a disabled container but have the container greyed out or hashed out?

Enabled Tool Container

Screenshot 2020-11-19 184832.png

Disabled Tool Container

Screenshot 2020-11-19 184832EDIT.png

Thanks,

Sam 🙂

5 Comments
Per
11 - Bolide

Agreed, would be nice to enable/disable workflows seperately from minimizing/expanding them.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for the idea and feedback!

We really appreciate all the UX feedback we get on how we can improve the canvas experience for all our users, especially the recent surge of UX ideas across the idea boards that I'm seeing.

If you haven't be sure to like any other ideas that you would find helpful as it helps our product team gauge interest and impact.

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

Thank you for suggesting this! Containers can now be disabled without being collapsed starting in the 21.3 release.

Available for download here: https://downloads.alteryx.com/

SamDesk
11 - Bolide

Thanks so much! 

Please pass on my thanks to the dev team 😍

Sam

sarabbaron
5 - Atom

Hi!

Just some additional feedback - It would be nice to also have the option to collapse disabled containers.  Perhaps I can do this now in 2021.3?

Thanks!