The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Disable all tools that (1) Publish (2) Upload (3) Output

Under the Runtime setting, there is an existing option to "Disable All Tools that Write Output". This is incredibly useful when developing workflows when you don't want to overwrite existing files.

But this option doesn't disable all outputs, like Publishing to Tableau! 

I suggest adding the option to disable ALL kinds of outputs, uploads, and publishing (except possibly logging and caching).

4 Comments
cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

This would be a great addition; especially as we see more workflows connecting to cloud data storage. So like the publish to tableau tool, if you disable tools that do Post api calls that would be great.

NicoleJ
Alteryx
Alteryx

I believe the same thing happens with Blob Output, it will still output the Blob files even if checkbox is selected to disable all outputs.

marcusblackhill
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Totally agree with the idea. When you work on workflows you didn't develop or just big workflows, usually is harder to you realize that other outputs could be there, not been disable by this option. 

That could even disable events too, avoiding to send unexpected emails during troubleshootings (yes, I know you can just go there in the event tab to disable all events but sometimes you disable the outputs and forget that workflow could send event emails as well hehehe)

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes