Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Disable / Enable Output Modules

It would be helpful to have one of the following methods to disable output modules to prevent overwriting output files each time a workflow is run:

- A global 'Disable All Output Modules' option, which would effectively mute the workflow without removing any connections

- A module-specific 'disable/enable this module' option, to the same end

10 Comments
chris_love
12 - Quasar

Something like this option ? ;-)

2015-10-13_18-35-42.jpg

daniel_mmi
9 - Comet

Ha! Yeah, something like that. Duh.

Thank you.

chris_love
12 - Quasar

No worries. If only they were all that easy :-)

zpolin
5 - Atom

Ok, but what if I only want to overwrite a specific output? I have a workflow using a large amount of data, with multiple outputs. And when I need to rerun a specific section of data, I don't want the other unaffected outputs to overwrite the database with NULL values. 

AmyD
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @zpolin

I would recommend using a Tool Container for each section of data. For each container, you can disable it causing it not to run while the rest of the workflow runs.

Here is an article that talks more about using Tool Containers and how to disable them:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Using-the-Tool-Container/ta-p/1133

sjain21
5 - Atom

Hi,

I want to disable In-db output tool. Can anyone tell me how to disable in-db output tool since the above method does not seem to work.

Thanks,

Saurabh

ISUGraber
8 - Asteroid

What happens when you don't have that option?

AlteryxWorkflowOptions.png

Community_Admin
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Inactive

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@KylieF - This one is definitely in the product today, so can be marked as complete!

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Implemented

Thank you for your feedback! Joe's completely correct this ability is available under Workflow Configuration > Runtime, as such I'm updating this idea to implemented!