community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx Designer Ideas

Share your Designer product ideas - we're listening!
Upgrade Alteryx Designer in 10 Steps

Debating whether or not to upgrade to the latest version of Alteryx Designer?

LEARN MORE

Disable / Enable Output Modules

It would be helpful to have one of the following methods to disable output modules to prevent overwriting output files each time a workflow is run:

- A global 'Disable All Output Modules' option, which would effectively mute the workflow without removing any connections

- A module-specific 'disable/enable this module' option, to the same end

6 Comments
Alteryx Certified Partner

Something like this option ? ;-)

2015-10-13_18-35-42.jpg

Ha! Yeah, something like that. Duh.

Thank you.

No worries. If only they were all that easy :-)

Atom

Ok, but what if I only want to overwrite a specific output? I have a workflow using a large amount of data, with multiple outputs. And when I need to rerun a specific section of data, I don't want the other unaffected outputs to overwrite the database with NULL values. 

Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @zpolin

I would recommend using a Tool Container for each section of data. For each container, you can disable it causing it not to run while the rest of the workflow runs.

Here is an article that talks more about using Tool Containers and how to disable them:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Using-the-Tool-Container/ta-p/1133

Atom

Hi,

I want to disable In-db output tool. Can anyone tell me how to disable in-db output tool since the above method does not seem to work.

Thanks,

Saurabh