Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Designer: Add after - allow search

When you perform an "insert after", you have to navigate directly to the tool.    Not the end of the world, but if I could search through this list, it would be much quicker to do this function.

Another way of achieving this is when you add a new tool to a canvas - if you drag it on top of an existing tool the designer could ask "do you want to add this after (taking over all connections) or before; or connect the regular old way....    That way, the existing search woudl work.

2017-10-29_14-47-55.png

3 Comments
Hollingsworth
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar
Excellent idea, @SeanAdams. Yes to this and also can we put all of the Macros at the bottom of the list or in their own root category? Having to scroll past many, many macros in my repository to get to the last set of tools (or browse for a macro I don't have in the repository) is a big pain.
cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

I was about to post this as an idea. Having seen @MarqueeCrew's idea of double clicking on tools on the toolbar to add them directly to the workflow, I did find today that navigating through the menu to find the tool you want to insert after quite a slow and painful process (even needing to remember which tool category the tool you are after is in).

My build process tends to be go to search and start typing the tool name and then dragging that onto the canvas, but when you need to add in a tool into the middle of multiple pre-existing connections then something like a search/filter-find option in the right click menu would be really speed up development time (mock up below).

cgoodman3_3-1613172581041.png

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes