The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Default file location in file broswer Interface

default file path in "File Browser" interface app would be a nice to have feature. Similar to what we have in Numeric, Text etc. interface app.

8 Comments
BenG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Hi Shailesh,

Thanks for the idea.  I think this makes a lot of sense and we'll consider it for future releases.

Ben
cbridges
11 - Bolide

Not sure if this is an add-on to the above idea or a new idea, but I find it frustrating that when you open the file navigation dialog to bring in an input or save an output, Alteryx doesn't "remember" where you were last. I don't know how anyone else works, but for me, many of the files I want to use as input/output live in the vicinity of the yxmd. I'm not sure what logic Alteryx is using to determine where it sends you first, but it frequently doesn't match my logic.

LonnieY
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

data location.pngRelated to these ideas.  Add a default location box to the data install screen.  In testing I continually reinstall data and don't always remember to scrutinize the file location assuming it's where I installed my last data.  But sometimes a different location is picked up and I end up with data files installed to hard-to-find locations.  When we wrote to the registry, the location was remembered.  Can a checkbox with "Make this Local Directory a default" be added to "Install to a Local Directory" or am I the only one misplacing data?

sarikavooka
5 - Atom

Hi,

Is this resolved in any latest releases? We are in the same situation here on how to defualt to a location where all my files will be there. 

david_rogers
7 - Meteor

RootDirectory.png

david_rogers
7 - Meteor

My question is...once I pick the file how do you get it to automatically process to the Browse.  I can't even get the file I choose to show up in the "Input Data" tool.

phoebe_kelley
9 - Comet

Having the option to default to a file location would be super helpful in creating apps for users where I need them to reference a file in a specific location (our server can only read from certain network folders). 

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes