Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Default Date for Interface Tool

It would be nice to be able to set a default date for the Date Interface tool.

Props to @KaneG for the workaround ( http://community.alteryx.com/t5/Publishing-Gallery/Set-Default-Date-for-Date-Interface-Tool/m-p/3573... But I'd like to see something built in to the tool rather than use a workaround every time as the standard.  Plus, I enjoy the uniform look of having two date inputs.

Just as a side note while we're on the topic of the Date Interface tool; it is really misleading the way "Today" stays outlined even after you click on a different date.  I always second guess if it took my click or not.

7 Comments
pvara
8 - Asteroid

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for posting your idea. I currently have the same delema, it would be nice to able set a default value in the Date.

I would also perhaps look into finding a way to feed the calendar tool the date range of your incomming data stream taking the min/max values.

levell_x_dunn
10 - Fireball

I agree with you Patrick, having the ability to default the date just like we can for other interface tool would be great, or to even imbedd a formula so it auto adjust to the last month as a default, but keep the uniform look so people can easily adjust it.

AWilkinson
5 - Atom

I agree that this would be nice. Seems like it should be a simple addition, any news on if this is available or when it will be?

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

This is needed. Can we get a boost on this idea? @KylieF  😁

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hey @Kenda !

This is a fun idea for sure, but I actually don't handle the product ideas any more as I switched roles a few months back. @CristonS currently looks after the boards and might be better able to provide feedback on the status of this idea.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

gregx
8 - Asteroid

It's been 7 years... any update @AlteryxCommunityTeam ?