The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Default Date for Interface Tool

It would be nice to be able to set a default date for the Date Interface tool.

Props to @KaneG for the workaround ( http://community.alteryx.com/t5/Publishing-Gallery/Set-Default-Date-for-Date-Interface-Tool/m-p/3573... But I'd like to see something built in to the tool rather than use a workaround every time as the standard.  Plus, I enjoy the uniform look of having two date inputs.

Just as a side note while we're on the topic of the Date Interface tool; it is really misleading the way "Today" stays outlined even after you click on a different date.  I always second guess if it took my click or not.

7 Comments
pvara
8 - Asteroid

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for posting your idea. I currently have the same delema, it would be nice to able set a default value in the Date.

I would also perhaps look into finding a way to feed the calendar tool the date range of your incomming data stream taking the min/max values.

levell_x_dunn
10 - Fireball

I agree with you Patrick, having the ability to default the date just like we can for other interface tool would be great, or to even imbedd a formula so it auto adjust to the last month as a default, but keep the uniform look so people can easily adjust it.

AWilkinson
5 - Atom

I agree that this would be nice. Seems like it should be a simple addition, any news on if this is available or when it will be?

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

This is needed. Can we get a boost on this idea? @KylieF  😁

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hey @Kenda !

This is a fun idea for sure, but I actually don't handle the product ideas any more as I switched roles a few months back. @CristonS currently looks after the boards and might be better able to provide feedback on the status of this idea.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

gregx
8 - Asteroid

It's been 7 years... any update @AlteryxCommunityTeam ?