Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Date Interface Tool Year Selection

I am running into unexpected functionality when utilizing the date interface tool in an Analytic App after upgrading to 21.3. Previously I was able to easily select dates in the past in the app interface by first selecting the Year, then the month, date, etc. After updating I am only able to see the prior and upcoming three months, which makes it difficult if you need to navigate back, say, 10 years. A ticket was put in they could not find when or why this change was made. This issue was brought up to our Designer SME group and they agreed that this isn't an improvement on the old design and is more cumbersome. They recommended posting to the Ideas page to bring back the old design.

4 Comments
csettle
Alteryx
Alteryx

Previous versions of Designer (tested in 2018.4) were this interface. 

csettle_0-1642277662143.jpeg

Tested in 2021.3 the interface now looks like this: 

csettle_1-1642277690700.jpeg

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I noticed this today. I hope it's one of those that the product team considers to revert to the old interface, like they did when "GroupBy" prefix was added without anyone asking for it.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

This is very annoying behavior.  I have to wonder who makes these kinds of decisions to remove functionality that's fairly common to "calendar date pickers" across many applications (booking hotels, travel, etc.).

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes