The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Data Cleansing Tool -> Delete Null Rows & Columns

There are few workarounds for this task, but it would be really very easy if Data Cleansing Tool could delete Null Rows and Null Columns. After all its just a macro which can be modified and re-packaged into Alteryx Designer.

Currently, to delete a null row requires multiple columns validation for common Null attributes,

similarly to delete a null column every column has to be compared on a row-level and flagged for removal. Both of these approaches are clumsy.

Wouldn't it be so simple if Data Cleansing Tool gave such check boxes !!!

Untitled2.png

Untitled.png

23 Comments
Joe_Mako
12 - Quasar
htalteryx
8 - Asteroid
Can you ask the developers to add the new checkboxes per the original request? Would be a lot easier for new users.
wade12
8 - Asteroid

i agree with hdtruong.

jrgreen
7 - Meteor

I agree, adding an option to delete the rows where a field contains a null would be extremely useful. 

i.e., if any row that has a 0 in the amount column, that row then gets deleted.

fjlorenzo
8 - Asteroid

Totally agree adding this option.

nalin
5 - Atom

Here here. This would be a great add for data cleansing.

ChloeA
5 - Atom

This would be so helpful!

Desa19
7 - Meteor

Hope the Alteryx Developers are working on this issue already. I just solved same problem using a filter tool, but this is only practicable for tables with few columns. The gymnastic with transposing and re-joining is likewise clumsy, we truely need the checkboxes in the cleansing Tool.

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Revisit

venkat05
6 - Meteoroid

i am not able to see last two column