Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Dark Mode

Please add a toggle for Dark Mode as Alteryx, after all these years of using it, is burning out my retinas. 

The OS and most apps have a Dark Mode theme so flipping back to a bright white canvas is very jarring.  I tried to adjust the canvas colors in a more muted way but never can get it to work satisfactorily and still be as easy to read as the retina burning default.  

73 Comments
smoosh
8 - Asteroid

I had to switch back to 2021.3  I just couldn't stand looking at the new version. Text seemed smaller / blurrier as well, though that could just be my bad eyesight. 

So at this point, we are all asking about a feature that they said wasn't going to be implemented, while they are turning the product into something even harder to look at. I guess it's time to start looking for alternatives. I can't stand the idea of spending multiple hours everyday while be blinded. 

It's been a fun 8 year run Alteryx...

erikq
5 - Atom

@smoosh I am fully with you on that point. I had to downgrade to 2021.4 because my eyes couldn't handle the new design. It is way too bright, and the font type is horrendous. 

I am working with Alteryx on a daily basis but if this design choice is permanent, then I am sticking with 2021.4 where design-wise I was only missing the dark mode support.

Shifty
12 - Quasar

Hey vampires,

I've recently updated my canvas settings to combat the brightness and I'm very pleased with the results so far.  I've always used a battleship grey canvas because any darker, the contrast is lost but that was until I realised you could change the colours of lines etc.

Here's an example workflow with my canvas settings:

Shifty_0-1659615806633.png

If you want to copy, here are the settings:

Shifty_1-1659615816357.png

In other news, PLEASE BRING US DARK MODE

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Nice one @Shifty 😎 good grey background

NicoleJ
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Under Review

Currently investigating options for Dark Mode in Designer outside of just the canvas. Please continue to provide feedback/comments if you have them!

Cheers,

NJ

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Great to hear @NicoleJ 😄

DanielG
12 - Quasar

More options is always a good thing.  😀

jayj1000
7 - Meteor

Dark mode is essential.  Please create this feature.

ntnkhanh24
6 - Meteoroid

Dark mode is very much needed for weak/dry eyes like me. I can't understand why this feature is not available for an awesome tool like Alteryx.

zacharygaffney
6 - Meteoroid

YESSS PLEASEEE