Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Dark Mode

Please add a toggle for Dark Mode as Alteryx, after all these years of using it, is burning out my retinas. 

The OS and most apps have a Dark Mode theme so flipping back to a bright white canvas is very jarring.  I tried to adjust the canvas colors in a more muted way but never can get it to work satisfactorily and still be as easy to read as the retina burning default.  

73 Comments
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

#TeamVertical and #TeamHorizontal aside, I actually think dark mode users would capture a large amount of users. 
Its generally nicer on the eyes, and when you're working in front of a screen most of the week, its nice to have that as a consideration/option. I'm fully +1 this idea.

@KylieF is this something that can possibly be raised again? This has been one of the most popular idea posts since its creation. 

tboin
5 - Atom

Just a question : we are asking for a black mode and the new version is all light mode 😕 Give us the choice please guys ! We spend so much hours in this cool software.

Shifty
12 - Quasar

This would still be an absolute game-changer for Alteryx.

Shifty_0-1652257430776.gif

Is this the most liked post in Community history?  I haven't seen >100 likes for anything else.  If I'm missing out on some other high liked posts then please direct me!

lwarner013
5 - Atom

Dark Mode needs to become a priority for Alteryx. It really is the only tool I use on a daily basis that doesn't have the option.

TurboToad
9 - Comet

Please dark mode. The latest version is even brighter.

smoosh
8 - Asteroid

agreed with dark mode. Just downloaded 2022.1 and it's even worse than before. I'm tempted to revert back to a prior version to save my retinas. 

Shifty
12 - Quasar

@smoosh - Agree.  Somehow the whites were whiter in 2022.1!

Shifty_0-1653573047744.jpeg

#dazdoorstepchallenge

MeganDibble
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Some related news-- @IraWatt developed a Chrome extension for dark mode for the community and gallery pages! 😎

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alter-Nation/Dark-Mode-for-Alteryx-Community-amp-Gallery-Join-the-D...

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Designer in the cloud should fix this issue. In the mean time we have Chrome extension for dark mode for the community and gallery https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alter-Nation/Dark-Mode-for-Alteryx-Community-amp-Gallery-Join-the-D... !

sraynal
7 - Meteor

This is a screenshot of v2022.1 : 

sraynal_0-1654616210741.png

Against 2021.1

sraynal_1-1654616303583.png

I'm not sure why anyone would prefer that whiter UI... 

2021.1 was too white already.

Please allow dark mode !