Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Dark Mode

Please add a toggle for Dark Mode as Alteryx, after all these years of using it, is burning out my retinas. 

The OS and most apps have a Dark Mode theme so flipping back to a bright white canvas is very jarring.  I tried to adjust the canvas colors in a more muted way but never can get it to work satisfactorily and still be as easy to read as the retina burning default.  

71 Comments
hellyars
13 - Pulsar

Try running in Dark Mode on a Mac and having to use Parallels.  The blast of white light is blinding and disruptive to the zen of Dark Mode...that and the Windows 95 interface.  I bet a Mac version of Alteryx would be wicked fast -- maybe if both macOS and Windows move to ARM. 

ryanasmarinoJDI
5 - Atom

I would also use dark mode

Alt3ryxPrincess
5 - Atom

I think a dark mode, is long overdue and would be a great feature. 
As OP suggested, by creating your own "dark mode" you're losing some of the details, plus the majority of screens cannot be adjusted. 

Furthermore, I think the used colour scheme would look really nice on a dark background 🙂 Although that's not really the point.. 🙂

OBdrIQVIA
5 - Atom

My whole setting is in Dark Mode. Literally, every application is adapted to Dark Mode, every web-page is forcefully modified to be in a Dark Mode. Everything, but Alteryx.

I'd be really grateful if you save my retina with implementing of this feature.

Aviator0807
8 - Asteroid

Please

mayscw10
7 - Meteor

I know there have been a few threads about a Dark / Night Theme in the past but I think it is worth looking at this again as a much larger cohort of Alteryx Designer users are now in a work from home environment we aren't all in super well lit offices anymore.

Even with my Windows / Display settings adjusted Designer is just so bright.

This one feels like a quick / easy win.

abrasch
8 - Asteroid

I agree with all previous commenters--Alteryx is one of the only applications I use that doesn't have a dark mode option, which is unfortunate, because I'm using it so often. Please get it on the roadmap, and soon.

Uli123
7 - Meteor

add me to the list of users who desperately wants a dark mode!

Alvar_Rod
5 - Atom

I want dark mode too please make it happen!

EMM-Rick
5 - Atom

Another vote for native dark mode. Canvas settings don't do it.