The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Dark Mode

Please add a toggle for Dark Mode as Alteryx, after all these years of using it, is burning out my retinas. 

The OS and most apps have a Dark Mode theme so flipping back to a bright white canvas is very jarring.  I tried to adjust the canvas colors in a more muted way but never can get it to work satisfactorily and still be as easy to read as the retina burning default.  

73 Comments
mbogusz
9 - Comet

What are the Designer Release notes for 2020.1 referring to when it says using Designer in Dark Mode.  As in there is a Dark Mode available?

2020-03-06 09_18_42-Greenshot.png

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @mbogusz!

Apologizes for the confusion, we actually misspoke on the Release Notes and are having that fixed. We currently do not have a Dark Mode for Designer, this particular point is referring to the ability for a user to have better text visibility when they change their canvas color to a darker color through the options. 

_richardr
10 - Fireball

Wha... Wha...

anigif_sub-buzz-14179-1500490671-5

izamryan
8 - Asteroid

Dark mode would be very much welcome.

luke-a
5 - Atom

Yep, definitely keen on a dark mode for Alteryx.

Drussek
9 - Comet

Couldnt believe there is no such option. Hope you will find time to add it soon.

gina_anglin
5 - Atom

Would love a dark mode.  As I get older (wiser), black font on white background is getting harder to read.  Much prefer white font on black background.

Bruce_V
7 - Meteor

I would also like a dark mode

MattiaSalvadori
5 - Atom

I would also like a dark mode

cyberpunk3369
6 - Meteoroid

Also would desperately prefer a dark mode. Alteryx is pretty much the only application I'm using that doesn't.

Thanks!