Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Dark Mode

Please add a toggle for Dark Mode as Alteryx, after all these years of using it, is burning out my retinas. 

The OS and most apps have a Dark Mode theme so flipping back to a bright white canvas is very jarring.  I tried to adjust the canvas colors in a more muted way but never can get it to work satisfactorily and still be as easy to read as the retina burning default.  

71 Comments
mbogusz
9 - Comet

What are the Designer Release notes for 2020.1 referring to when it says using Designer in Dark Mode.  As in there is a Dark Mode available?

2020-03-06 09_18_42-Greenshot.png

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @mbogusz!

Apologizes for the confusion, we actually misspoke on the Release Notes and are having that fixed. We currently do not have a Dark Mode for Designer, this particular point is referring to the ability for a user to have better text visibility when they change their canvas color to a darker color through the options. 

_richardr
10 - Fireball

Wha... Wha...

anigif_sub-buzz-14179-1500490671-5

izamryan
8 - Asteroid

Dark mode would be very much welcome.

luke-a
5 - Atom

Yep, definitely keen on a dark mode for Alteryx.

Drussek
9 - Comet

Couldnt believe there is no such option. Hope you will find time to add it soon.

gina_anglin
5 - Atom

Would love a dark mode.  As I get older (wiser), black font on white background is getting harder to read.  Much prefer white font on black background.

Bruce_V
7 - Meteor

I would also like a dark mode

MattiaSalvadori
5 - Atom

I would also like a dark mode

cyberpunk3369
6 - Meteoroid

Also would desperately prefer a dark mode. Alteryx is pretty much the only application I'm using that doesn't.

Thanks!