The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Dark Mode

Please add a toggle for Dark Mode as Alteryx, after all these years of using it, is burning out my retinas. 

The OS and most apps have a Dark Mode theme so flipping back to a bright white canvas is very jarring.  I tried to adjust the canvas colors in a more muted way but never can get it to work satisfactorily and still be as easy to read as the retina burning default.  

73 Comments
Alt3ryxPrincess
5 - Atom

Are there any Alteryx employees still looking at this item? Or do we need to create a new "Idea"
We've been asking for this for years, but it seems there is a slight disconnect between what the community and what is actually being implemented..

Alteryx is the only current tool I know and use, which doesn't have a Dark Mode... Maybe time to get that sorted?!

NicoleJ
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Alt3ryxPrincess - we sure are!! This idea has actually recently been changed to Accepted status, as we're now looking into details on how to implement this highly requested feature... stay tuned for more info as we refine our plan!

Nicole Johnson

zacharygaffney
6 - Meteoroid

200w.gif

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

TheOC_0-1665654296357.gif

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

IraWatt_0-1654714920482.gif

Shifty
12 - Quasar

@NicoleJ - I could cry I'm so happy.  This is the BEST NEWS!!!

Shifty_0-1665654817310.gif

jayj1000
7 - Meteor

@NicoleJ Nice! 😄

kaianderson
8 - Asteroid

I would very much appreciate this as a feature. We're now quickly approaching 2023 and given that this is a pretty standard feature in other products, I'm excited this is finally in the works.

james_dsa
5 - Atom

I too was surprised that this isn't already a feature given what we now know about the effects of prolonged blue light exposure; a simple feature that makes a huge quality of life impact, look forward to seeing it rolled out ASAP.

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I really hope this comes soon! Literally the best quality of life feature to exist if made a reality.