Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Cross Validation tool errors when fed Naive Bayes

The error message is:

Error: Cross Validation (58): Tool #4: Error in tab + laplace : non-numeric argument to binary operator

This is odd, because I see that there is special code that handles naive bayes models. Seems that the model$laplace parameter is _not_ null by the time it hits `update`. I'm not sure yet what line is triggering the error.

4 Comments
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@deargle

Based on the error it looks like your data types may be incorrect or at least not match the data used to create the model. We can replicate this issue by having incorrect data types for the data input of the Cross Validation model. Please double check your data types and that you have no Nulls.

deargle
7 - Meteor

My test workflow to reproduce this error is to load the "6 Decision Tree" Sample Workflow and to just use a Naive Bayes instead of a decision tree on that "default" dataset, which has no nulls, and on which I perform no data type transformations. I train the model on the full raw dataset, and then I feed that same raw dataset into the Cross Validation tool. The original workflow in which I experienced the error also used the same dataset/datatypes to train as was fed into the CV tool. Attached is a workflow that is breaking on my computer (v11.7).

KuoL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for bringing this to our attention @deargle. My team is investigating this issue. 

ColinR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Hi @deargle!

Thanks for writing in about this issue.  Wanted to let you know that a member of my team is looking into this defect to determine the root cause.  We should have an estimate on the fix time relatively soon and add it to our backlog.

Cheers,

Colin