The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

CreateDate Function

Hi there,

Could we please add a simple date function which allows you to construct a date from the basic inputs (rather than having to go through date-time-parse).

Example:

Function CreateDate(Year as integer; optional month as integer; optional day as integer; optional hour as integer; optional minute as optional; optional second as integer) as DateTime

Examples:

• CreateDate(2017) = 2017-01-01 00:00:00
  • CreateDate(2017, 4) = 2017-04-01 00:00:00
  • CreateDate(2017,04,05) = 2017-04-05 00:00:00

5 Comments
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

And while we're at it, could we also create a DatePart function to allow the user to specify the part of the date that they want?

e.g. datepart('2017-01-05','day') = 5

Joe_Mako
12 - Quasar
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
That's exactly it Joe - if we can get this implemented in the core toolset, that will be a big help.

With large corporates, there is a natural caution about installing binaries from 3rd parties (even though JDunkerley's work is excellent, it would be tough to get it inside our corporate environment). However @jdunkerley79 has done some incredible work which shows just how rich the function tools can become as we continue to highlight the most valuable additions and areas of focus.

Thanks for highlighting this Joe - it's exactly what's needed in the core Alteryx product.
jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Thanks for the mention @Joe_Mako

I will add datepart to the next release (sometime this month). 

@SeanAdams If there are suggestions on how I can make it easier for you to get it approved more than happy to take on board and see what I can do. 

In terms of getting into core product, hopefully  anything Alteryx like sufficiently will just get added (startswith and endswith did :))

James

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes