Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Create Python integration into Python Tool in Alteryx

Python pandas dataframes and data types (numpy arrays, lists, dictionaries, etc.) are much more robust in general than their counterparts in R, and they play together much easier as well. Moreover, there are only a handful of packages that do everything a data scientist would need, including graphing, such as SciKit Learn, Pandas, Numpy, and Seaborn. After utliizing R, Python, and Alteryx, I'm still a big proponent of integrating with the Python language much like Alteryx has integrated with R. At the very least, I propose to create the ability to create custom code such as a Python tool. 

9 Comments
StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

They said at Inspire 2017 that this is coming in the near future.

TashaA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @aHogancamp

Thank you so much for posting your idea. We also think Python is great at Alteryx and now have a beta version of the Python SDK available.

You can find documentation for that here! 

The SDK allows you to create a custom tool that uses Python for the run-time. Does this fulfill your idea, or were you thinking more along the lines of a tool, similar to the R tool? 

Thanks!

rsanth3
5 - Atom

Where can I find the Python SDK?

aHogancamp
7 - Meteor

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Data-Preparation-Blending/Python-SDK-and-package-importing/td-p/799...

This is the link I found with the links to the specific SDKs. This link suggests that the SDK is still in beta, but I don't know if that's accurate anymore or not.

StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

The SDK is still in Beta as of 2018.1, but I think it should be fully released sometime this year.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Implemented

Hi All!

Thank you for your feedback and idea! This idea has been implemented in our latest release, 2020.2, which launched earlier this week! You can download this new version here.

cam_w
11 - Bolide

@KylieF- Wasn't the Python SDK and Python Tool released with 2018.2 and 2018.3 respectively? Or are you referring to the packages listed in the original Idea post?

Thanks for your updates on these Idea posts! 🙂

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@cam_w 

Whoops, was still in release mode apparently. You're completely correct the ask was implemented in 2018.2 and 2018.3 respectively. Sorry for the confusion and thank you for the correction!

JeffA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@aHogancamp @cam_w 

We just released a new tool for integrating Jupyter notebooks with Alteryx called Jupyter Flow. It packages your specified environment into the tool, allowing for a great deal of portability. Run it easily on Server and share it with colleagues. Manage your python code outside of the tool, without Designer. Check out the post for more goodies and if you use the tool, let me know how it works for you!