Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Create Office 365 Email tool to Oauth 2.0 Authentication

This year, Microsoft updated improve their API (GraphAPI) to access Office365 enviroment.

Alteryx have launched on Microsoft District in Public Gallery the Dataverse , Onedrive & Sharepoint Connectors.

Alteryx must develop as soon as possible an connector/email with same authenticator options as connectors Above and improve the emails settings.

It´s important to release and documentation to show wich permissions on Azure it's necssary to send the emails. 

References:

Microsoft Announce:

https://docs.microsoft.com/pt-br/lifecycle/announcements/exchange-online-basic-auth-deprecated 

Azure Permissions:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/user-sendmail?view=graph-rest-1.0&tabs=csharp 

24 Comments
trevorwightman
8 - Asteroid

Has there been any movement on this? With Basic Authentication being depreciated by Microsoft my IT team is also doing away with SMTP Authentication. I am looking for a way to send email from Alteryx using Modern Authentication.

Jash
7 - Meteor

Anything on this? Our company is retiring the legacy/basic authentication in a month. And we need to switch the Alteryx Sharepoint input and output tools to use the OAuth 2.0 token based authentication to continue using some of our business critical tools. Will this functionality be available in Alteryx soon? Is it in your roadmap?

violetsyd
5 - Atom

We will also need this functionality for the same reason with Microsoft deprecating basic auth by October 2022. Our entire Alteryx program will be severely impacted if we can't deliver the reporting we produce in Alteryx via email.  

trevorwightman
8 - Asteroid

@CharlieS Apologies on tagging you on this topic, but I know you are a pillar in the community and was hoping you could let us know if we need to escalate this in a different way.

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

All good, I'm on board!

Ross_K
7 - Meteor

Agreed. With Microsoft deprecation of basic auth, OAuth 2.0 support is a high priority update to an essential tool.

jcheming
6 - Meteoroid

+1 to all the comments above, I'm getting a lot of pressure from IT for still using SMTP Authentication for our reporting emails. They will be shutting down support in the near future and this will break a large part of our internal reporting pipelines.

John_Domanick
5 - Atom

This is an ESSENTIAL and CRITICAL update needed for Alteryx to continue being useful in any significant way to my company. If Alteryx cannot send emails through Outlook/Office365 there will be no reason to use Alteryx as the automation of the majority of our workflows will become impossible.

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

Hi @bneves_tim , would https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Public-Community-Gallery/Outlook-365-Tool/ta-p/898140 be the tool you wish for? That's a new Outlook 365 tool that uses Oauth to log into your/shared mailbox to read emails, attachments and calendar events. 

jcheming
6 - Meteoroid

@VojtechT you've linked to an input tool, we're looking for a solution to the Email output tool from the Reporting palette.