Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Copy the value of a cell in the result tool

For the purpose of debugging a workflow, I often filter just one customerID or any other ID to analyse the workflow.

With the Browse tool (ctrl-shift-B) you can just double click a cell and copy the value of it. This is not possible in the result tool, it would be nice if that would become possible.

Thanks,

Hans

3 Comments
BenG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi Hans,

Thanks for the request.  We are working towards providing the copy and paste functionality from the Results window in the same way it is available in the Browse tool.  Because the result window often shows incomplete data, we are trying to provide the functionality in a way that makes it clear when you may be copying a partial value.  Look for this functionality in one of the next two releases.

Ben

Cedric
8 - Asteroid

Hi @BenG:
It seems you got this working for a couple versions, but in 10.6, it seems to be broken, at least for me. I got addicted to being able to copy with headers all my data from a browse-results window, but now when I try to paste into Excel, for example, I get nothing. What's up with that?

Thanks for any light you can shed on this.

-Cedric

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

The ability to copy from the results window is available through the context menu, as well as the ability to select cells and copy them by hitting Ctrl+C or right clicking and using the context menu on the grid. You can also double click on a cell and then copy its data from the cell viewer.