Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Copy an Output Tool and Paste as an Input Tool

This is fairly simple/minor capability, but I do think it would save some time. Especially when developing back and forth between different layers of an Alteryx Environment.

Best,

dK

4 Comments
ksnyder
5 - Atom

+1 Great idea! I constantly find myself wishing this was an option, during development (processes with multiple workflows) but also post-development (typically when I don't know where a file or database lives, but know of a workflow that creates or appends to it.)

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Not Planned

Hi All,

Thanks for the idea. At this time, we don't have plans to implement this, but will consider in the future.

Best,

Alex

AmarKap
6 - Meteoroid

Has this been reconsidered to implement?  I stopped here to post this idea (although executed in a slightly different manner)...but see it is already here.  

This would be a real time saver.  The currently posted idea might even be better than what I thought...but my version was to be able to right-click on File based output tool such as .csv, .txt, Excel, MS Access, .yxdb, etc.  and have an option to 'Create Workflow' which would create a brand new workflow with one Input Control pointing to the same 'output' file.

Bonediggler
9 - Comet

Was about to submit this idea!  Currently you have to paste as an output tool and then convert to an input tool.  Eliminating this extra step by pasting directly as an input tool would be a helpful, albeit minor upgrade.