Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Converting Alteryx workflow to SQL query by click of a button

It would be great to have the below functionality in Alteryx.

A workflow is built in Alteryx and button click in Alteryx can be used to generate SQL code that can be ran on a specific database platform, such as SQL Server to run external editors such as SQL Server Management Studio. Thanks. 

12 Comments
steven4320555
8 - Asteroid

This is a good idea, I would love to see the capacity, but I would doubt it is possible to implement if the workflow is not working in-DB.

Currently, if you run an in-DB work follow, and connect to the eg. SQL server database, at any point, you can use the

Dynamic Output In-DB Tool 

https://help.alteryx.com/2018.2/LockInDynamicOutput.htm?TocPath=Tools|Tool%20Categories|In-Database|... 

to get the Query created at this point in the workflow.

For both in-DB and normal workflow, if the query is easy enough to be implemented at the beginning of the flow in the visual query builder, you can get the SQL from SQL editor. 

ref: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer/Using-the-Visual-Query-Builder/ta-p/14910

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for your idea! 

I reviewed your post and have updated a few labels to insure the correct product teams have visibility into your idea. Be sure to check out our updated Submission Guidelines for any board or criteria related questions!

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Under Review

Thank you for your feedback!

This feature idea was brought to our product team's attention via a different channel then the Community, however I wanted to update this idea with the feedback received. This feature is currently being reviewed by our product team to determine if or when we would be able to include this capability. While our product team completes this review we appreciate your patience as these reviews can be lengthy at times due to the number of factors being reviewed.

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Very interesting to see this one is under-review @KylieF, it would be great to hear what the feedback/verdict is from the product team!

Arpan_Dey
5 - Atom

Any update on this @Alteryx?

amtraker1777
7 - Meteor

Any status updates?

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

hi everyone, I am working now to get you an update, cheers.

Hannah71
7 - Meteor

Any update?

AlYap
7 - Meteor

Any update on this feature?

ywang
6 - Meteoroid

Any update on this feature?