The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Convert SOAP based Salesforce connectors to REST API Saleforce connectors

The challenge:

We have hundreds of SOAP based Salesforce (SF) connectors in our scheduled modules that were created with Alteryx 9.0-9.5. Alteryx 10.0+ is now using REST API based SF connectors. We have to replace all of these connectors when we move to 10.0+.

Proposed idea:

Alteryx creates an automated process for converting SOAP SF connectors to REST API SF connectors, so that when you open an old module in 10.0+, they are automatically updated.

This seems feasible as the information supplied by Alteryx users for the SOAP SF connectors is sufficient for the REST API SF connectors to work (i.e. URL, username, password, security token, table name, fields, WHERE clause, etc...).

Thanks,

Jeremy

5 Comments
JCR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the suggestion. Please note that you do not have to replace your connectors while upgrading to Alteryx v10. Existing workflows will still work with the v9.5 SalesForce connectors.

The new SalesForce connector is a first iteration and we'll very much welcome your feedback as well as others in the community as we plan to keep improving it.

Converting existing workflows is something we discussed. At this time we felt that we could not guarantee the success of an automatic conversion and decided to go for a 'soft rollout' where existing workflows would continue to run with the existing one while users would gradually upgrade to the new conenctor while developing a new workflow or maintaining and existing one.

As we keep iterating on the new connector, we'll re-visit that situation.

Keep the feedback coming!

JC 

jeremy_dalletezze
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the quick feedback JC, this approach makes sense.

We'll be sure to give 10.0 a try on a different machine and provide some feedback soon.

simon
11 - Bolide

Hi JCR,

One comment I would have is that I cannot see the connection properties on v10 SF input tool once I am connected and have defined my table/query.

We use SF live and sandbox and it would be nice to see the connection properties even once connected - now I can only see table/query.

I noticed when I click on the SF input tool, I can see my connection proporties for a fraction of a second, then it just shows table/query. Only this way am I able to see if I was connected to live or sandbox - unless I missed something?

Community_Admin
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Inactive

Community_Admin
Alteryx
Alteryx

The status of this idea has been changed to 'Inactive'. This status indicates that:

1. The idea has not had activity in the form of likes or comments in over a year.

2. The idea has not reached ten likes.

3. The idea is still in the 'New Idea' status. 

However, this doesn't mean your idea won't be implemented! The Community can still like and comment on this idea. With enough renewed interest, this idea can be brought back into the 'New Idea' status. 

Thank you for contributing to the Alteryx Community and the Alteryx Product Idea Boards!