Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Convert Browse tool to Output tool

Please let me know if I've overlooked a suggestion and I'll be glad to upvote that post.  

I think it would be great to be able to convert a Browse tool to an Output tool.  I always work with browses until I have the product that I want, at that point I'll bring in the output tool.   The ability to right click and convert, would be great.

4 Comments
rob_cottrell
7 - Meteor

Other tools could benefit from a "Convert" option as well.  Examples include:

• Join <-> Union <-> Append Fields
  • Formula <-> Multi-Field Formula <-> Multi-Row Formula
  • Summarize <-> Cross Tab <-> Transpose
  • Report Text <-> Layout <-> Table

Perhaps the simplest solution would be adding a "Convert To..." menu, that has the same options as the "Insert After..." menu.

jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

+1 for this idea. Being able to convert browse to output would be very useful.

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Coming Soon

The ability to convert a Browse tool to an Output Data tool will be available in the 2019.3 release. Thank you for the suggestion!

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

This is now available in the 2019.3 release. Download it at http://downloads.alteryx.com