The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Container Format Painter

It would be oh so nice to be able to copy a container's properties and paste those formatting options onto other containers.  It could be accomplished through a Paint Brush icon on CTRL-Copy and Right Click to paste format.  either way it would save setting the Color (multi-step select), Margin, transparency.

Cheers,

Mark

9 Comments
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

This would be oh so nice!

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Love this!!!  I spend lots of seconds (in the Alteryx world, seconds are a lot of time!) configuring my containers with the same settings.

Hollingsworth
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Always a good time for a UI improvement. :)

jacob_kahn
12 - Quasar

I opened up a similar ticket idea a few years ago - :( maybe if everyone votes on either or!

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Paste-Formatting-to-Container-Tool/idi-p/587...

Sebastiaandb
12 - Quasar

@MarqueeCrew Like the format painter in Powerpoint! Couldn't agree more with you, this would save us a lot. Also i would like to see the option to set container size to a certain container, would save me a lot of time making comment fields bigger just to make my workflow look better.

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This is a great idea! I'd love to see this for Comment tools as well.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

MackStewart
8 - Asteroid

We have a template for all Alteryx workflows.

On the far left is all the comment boxes and tool containers with the formatting.

We simply copy and paste the relevant ones.

Template.png

ken_yap_au
8 - Asteroid

I would like to see this realised - it's so much work to use individually adjust the formatting of each tool.