Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Container Format Painter

It would be oh so nice to be able to copy a container's properties and paste those formatting options onto other containers.  It could be accomplished through a Paint Brush icon on CTRL-Copy and Right Click to paste format.  either way it would save setting the Color (multi-step select), Margin, transparency.

Cheers,

Mark

9 Comments
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

This would be oh so nice!

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Love this!!!  I spend lots of seconds (in the Alteryx world, seconds are a lot of time!) configuring my containers with the same settings.

Hollingsworth
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Always a good time for a UI improvement. :)

jacob_kahn
12 - Quasar

I opened up a similar ticket idea a few years ago - :( maybe if everyone votes on either or!

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Paste-Formatting-to-Container-Tool/idi-p/587...

Sebastiaandb
12 - Quasar

@MarqueeCrew Like the format painter in Powerpoint! Couldn't agree more with you, this would save us a lot. Also i would like to see the option to set container size to a certain container, would save me a lot of time making comment fields bigger just to make my workflow look better.

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This is a great idea! I'd love to see this for Comment tools as well.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

MackStewart
8 - Asteroid

We have a template for all Alteryx workflows.

On the far left is all the comment boxes and tool containers with the formatting.

We simply copy and paste the relevant ones.

Template.png

ken_yap_au
8 - Asteroid

I would like to see this realised - it's so much work to use individually adjust the formatting of each tool.