Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Connectors for very Popular APIs (Youtube, Zoom, Facebook, Twitter, etc)

Alteryx should allow its users to easily connect to datasources that they need for their work. On post COVID-19 world, the use of virtual services/tools is increasing and more data is being generated on those platforms. Alteryx users are then getting requests to analyze the data to advise business on their performance on these platforms.

To name a few, here are platforms that are on focus of some business now:

Zoom

Youtube

Facebook (and Facebook Live)

Twitter

Instagram

All these platforms offer some sort of API solution to connect to business data. However the process to get all pieces together in Alteryx to put our hands in the data is daunting. For users that do not have a strong background in programing it is even worse.

Alteryx needs to catch up and provide standard connectors to these services. Connecting to ODBC databases is not enough anymore.

Thanks

3 Comments
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for submitting your feedback! I've moved this idea over to the Designer Idea board as it better pertains to our Designer product then our Connect product. I've also updated your labels to insure the correct product teams have visibility into the idea once the necessary criteria have been met. . If you haven’t yet, please be sure to review our updated Submission Guidelines.

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @calloni, Alteryx provides and supports many cloud connectors out of the box (all of the tools in the 'Connectors' category) and even more than can be downloaded from the public gallery (Adobe, Google Analytics, Salesforce, etc.)

Also, If you right click on an area of the tool palette and then click 'show depreciated tools' you will find the Twitter tool appears, it don't think it is supported  more, but believe it still works.

You can also search the gallery, community or Google for some of the other platforms that you mentioned: Facebook, Instagram, etc.

And then like you say it is possible to build connectors yourself to any APIs and doesn't usually require programming skills, but a good understanding of Alteryx and then following API documentation. I know there's lots of content online that can hopefully help you with this, one could be the API webinar that my colleague @andyuttley ran here: http://bit.ly/JavelinAlteryx

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes