The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Connectivity to Tibco Spotfire

Hi Alteryx Team,

My work is to create Output from Alteryx and upload the Output file into Tibco Spotfire. So i want a system in which Alteryx output directly goes in to the Tibco Spotfire and update Tibco Spotfire in every 6 hours.
So do you have any plan to connect the Alteryx with Tibco Spotfire? This is will help me to automate the project.
If not pls think on these concept for future use.

19 Comments
ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Not Planned

Hi All,

This is not currently planned as Spotfire doesn't offer a REST API for easy integration.

Best,

Alex

Pepper
8 - Asteroid

I agree this would be very help; a connector which pulls from and output directly to TIBCO Spotfire.  I use Alteryx but many use TIBCO Spotfire and I currently have to go in and manually pull the data down and/or create a SQL table to upload. 

For me if a connector to pull from is most important as I have a quick workaround using Alteryx to create the table in SQL. This works well.  Just need the other side of the equation to be able to automate both ways.

JenP
6 - Meteoroid

Greetings. Any new plans (mid-2019) to add Spotfire integration? 

Thanks, Jen  

JenP
6 - Meteoroid

Greetings.  Does Alteryx have plans to create an integration / API with Spotfire?  

Thanks,

Jen 

jsdeter
8 - Asteroid

I too would like to put in a nod to have this functionality added to the much beloved Alteryx suite of connectors.

Tibco does offer a REST API for your enjoyment and integration use.

Tibco Invoke REST API

BonusCup
10 - Fireball

Thanks, @jsdeter.  Bringing this back up to the top.  Seems there has been a ton of requests for this feature so I wanted to see if there was any update.

Useful Links:
Tibco Invoke REST API

Calling REST API using TIBCO Spotfire® and Advanced Data Services

HeatherMHarris
11 - Bolide

Another request for a client who wants connectivity to Tibco Spotfire for visualization

HeatherMHarris
11 - Bolide

Hi Jen,

You are not alone in your request! Here is another Idea thread you can join if you would like.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/forums/postsuccesspage/board-id/product-ideas/message-id/11693

Kindly,

Heather

YenL
5 - Atom
Looking forward to have any updates regarding this request.