The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Connections narrative

I tend to use a lot of the 'Names' for the connections. 
If you're not familiar with this option, or the above makes little sense, when you select a connector (line) on the canvas, within the configuration window, you can enter a 'Name' (or just some text) in the box, that will then appear on the canvas. 

I'd like this option to be expanded on. 

Rather than just putting in some text, I'd like the ability to have the text centred on the line between the tools. Maybe have the text a different colour. One definite option I'd like is for 'Wrap-Text'.

I tend to use this option to make notes on my workflow, as I find that it looks better than a comment box or tool annotation. It's useful if your workflow has multiple streams and you want to note what one stream does. 

As an example of how I use it: 

Rags1982_0-1638458263569.png

To be able to have this 'Wrapped' would make it so much neater. 

Only a 'small' change I guess(?)

3 Comments
CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

hi @Rags1982, thanks for your idea! While I can't speak to the "smallness" of implementation, I do think this would resolve the issue of Comment tools not being able to be anchored to specific tools, which is a pain point when doing a lot of documentation.

Rags1982
10 - Fireball

Exactly! Thanks @CristonS !
I use the comment tool a lot for general comments for a workflow, but when I need to annotate one individual stream the comment tool becomes cumbersome. 

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes