The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Connection to JIRA

JIRA is used very widely in industry as a defect tracker, issue management system, in many cases even as a super-simple-workflow platform.

Could you please consider adding a JIRA connector to Alteryx so that teams can connect to a JIRA instance directly via the API?

Many thanks

S

7 Comments
mlogen
5 - Atom

There already is one for download :-)

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Dev-Space/JIRA-Connector/m-p/51562 

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

:-) awesome stuff - gonna play with this over the coming week or two.

SDB40
7 - Meteor

shameless plug a year late... but i modified this into an iterative macro to loop and pull max records from a project (had some local admin api constraints).

https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Jira-Iterative-Macro-Connector/5cf81b8a0462d712c8e75001

GreggD
8 - Asteroid
Unfortunately due to recent changes to the JIRA API this connector no longer works. I am struggling with trying to parse the JSON from the current JIRA API using the Download tool. The fact that the current examples in the community right now are how to work with simple JSON content and not something as complex as the JSON produced by the JIRA API, makes developing this workflow very challenging. If anyone has made any headway in this area, please let me know. Thanks.
SDB40
7 - Meteor

@GreggD my iterative macro takes the json data creates a 1 line record for every ticket within a project.  Please check it out, it was still working last I checked with current Jira APIs.

https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Jira-Iterative-Macro-Connector/5cf81b8a0462d712c8e75001

it also circumvents any administrator limitations by doing this 100 records at a time.  It may not be the most efficient setup, but it gets the job done.

I also can confirm it was working through September and was still able to publish I a hyper file to tableau server as well.  I did just discover something is hosed with my alteryx account though because I lost access to our internal alteryx server...whoops.

This stopped updating in September as a result, but it has the last post.

my high level dashboardmy high level dashboard

it's a couple comments up.

Let me know.

Community_Admin
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Inactive

Community_Admin
Alteryx
Alteryx

The status of this idea has been changed to 'Inactive'. This status indicates that:

1. The idea has not had activity in the form of likes or comments in over a year.

2. The idea has not reached ten likes.

3. The idea is still in the 'New Idea' status. 

However, this doesn't mean your idea won't be implemented! The Community can still like and comment on this idea. With enough renewed interest, this idea can be brought back into the 'New Idea' status. 

Thank you for contributing to the Alteryx Community and the Alteryx Product Idea Boards!