The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Configuration panel - search

it would be helpful to have the ability to search within field names in the Configuration panel 

There are times where I can have very long lists of field names, and although sorting is helpful, a "Search in .. " feature would be even more so

I did not see this specifically requested in the forums

thanks

aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa_0-1587059827580.png

4 Comments
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

This would be a really good addition to this and some other tool such as Select. Being able to search through your fields speeds up the process when working with many fields. 

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Agreed this is great idea. It looks like it's very closely related to this idea here where the request is specific to the select tool. 

I see the screenshot you've used is for the summarize tool, but the concept is the same I believe.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer/Search-as-you-type-feature-in-Select-tool/idi-p/69...

The above idea has 59 likes, so I suggest we get behind that one!

@KylieF - It's probably worth pooling these ideas together?

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for the ping!

I've reviewed the two ideas and they're similar asks for sure, but just different enough that I'd like to keep them as separate ideas. However I do highly encourage the sharing of each idea on the other's thread so that visibility and engagement can be encouraged.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes