The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Compressed Real Time file format

I'm using .sv file format for compressing large files and using them in Alteryx.  .sv is call a Alteryx Spatial Zip file.  This format seems to offer the highest level of compression of all the Alteryx file format types.  Is this suitable for text also?  Is it usable in real time vs uncompressing first then using in a workflow?  If not, I think a compressed real time file format would be a nice addition.

2 Comments
BenG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Hi Gilbert,

I believe what you are referring to is the .sz file format?  This is an older format that does not have a spatial index and chooses high compression over performance.  You are able to select this file format directly from the input or output tools so that you do not have to decompress the file separately before using it in a workflow.  

We don't recommend this format as it does not have a lot of the nice features that yxdb's have.  We're actually considering deprecating it as it does not provide additional functionality outside of making the files smaller.

Thanks,
Ben
gilbert_2_carmichael
6 - Meteoroid
Yes .sz is correct.  Thank you for the details.  I will avoid using it.