The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Comment/Uncomment Blocks of Code in Formula and Filter Tools

Experts - 

During development it would be helpful to be able to do the following in both Formula and Filter tools (and perhaps any other tool that uses custom code):

1) Highlight a line or block of code

2) Right click

3) Comment/Uncomment

Easier than manually typing or deleting "//" at every line.  

Thanks in advance!

6 Comments
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hello! Thank you for your feedback and idea! I've updated the labels on this idea to insure the correct product teams have better visibility into this idea. If you haven't yet please be sure to check out our Submission Guidelines, they go over the board and ideas process in a bit greater detail.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I'd use this immediately if it were available!

seven
12 - Quasar

Great idea.

SSMS uses keyboard shortcuts that could be interesting here.

Ctrl + K, C -> Comment

Ctrl + K, U -> Uncomment

When doing line comments, not sure that a highlight is needed. The cursor dictates the line to comment. That saves a step. Highlighting is useful when there is a want to comment/uncomment multiple lines.

KarthikR
5 - Atom

Also in the import data tool in the SQL code tab as well

lorenzo-lewis
5 - Atom

Adding to the comment about key bindings, VS Code I believe uses [ctrl] + / to toggle comments for the highlighted/selected line. This would be brilliant to have included! 

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes