The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Comment Tool should offer default preference option

Can we set our own Comment tool default preferences? - For me I want to set the text alignment to be "Center" by default, currently it's always "TopCenter" when I open it.

Rujin05_0-1603858243735.png

7 Comments
AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I want to the function, too.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I agree, it would be nice to let a user define things like this. It's unfortunately in the not planned status, but this idea is the general version of your idea: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Add-quot-Save-as-Default-Configuration-quot-...

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi All!

Thank you for the feedback, while this idea does have connections to the one linked by Patrick, the request is different enough that I wouldn't consider it a duplicate. However I appreciate the link to the other idea as any decision on this idea may be influenced by or directly influence the other.

For any new users to the idea board, please be sure to like any ideas that would help you as that helps our product team get a clear view into what would be most beneficial to our users.

SHyder
5 - Atom

I would love that function.  I always have to change the comment box to a the desired background color and the alignment to TopLeft for documentation.   

maryjdavies
5 - Atom

This would be helpful and save time! 

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

brwright
8 - Asteroid

Two years of likes  for feature - still not available. What does it take to make the cut?