Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Collaborative work - check-in/Check-out

In environments with a large number of designers - we are now starting to bump into the issue of many people re-inventing the wheel - or editing a canvas in ways that overwrite each other.

Can we make an addition to the flow of work so that I can check an item out of the server, work on it, and check it back in?   that way, people can see that I'm working on it in the designer, my changes are being sent back, and when I commit my changes then people can work accordingly.

The other alternative would be code branches & trunks which would be more effective and more useful, but I'd guess this would be a tougher ask (unless Alteryx just embedded GIT under the covers)

4 Comments
dlynn
5 - Atom

I second this request. I was more thinking about using on a shared workspace that let's people collaborate and track changes real time. Similar to google sheets/docs/etc. or other tools like Mural. 

Thank you! 

Hollingsworth
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Completely agree. This is an impediment to scaling our beloved Alteryx. Please address.

ToddNT
7 - Meteor

Yes, great idea and would love to see the same integration in Alteryx Server (or even more forward thinking, Alteryx Cloud). Having this functionality create the initial SourceId could even create connection across both platforms and allow organizations of heavy controls better track lineage of the process from start to finish.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes