Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Clear Input Data Cache

Pretty simple one here - I would like to have an option in the UI to clear all Input Data caches or even a right click/properties option to clear an individual Input Data cache.  Often when developing, I use the Cache Input Data option to speed up development iterations.  However, if I modify the source data during the development, I am unable to easily clear the cache and often turn caching off to avoid stale data.  The "easiest" way I have found to do this is to pull the temp yxdb file paths out of the log after a recent run, clean them up using notepad++, put a del statement before each file, and paste them into a Command Line.  This inefficiency often offsets the development speed realized by caching.

15 Comments
AndreasRafn
7 - Meteor

I second this, a must-have feature to provide along with a caching system. I have on more than one occasion produced analyses on old data when forgetting to restart Alteryx after development work with caching on. 

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Coming Soon

Good news! We're improving the ability to cache anywhere in the workflow, which will improve the ability to know when Input Data is cached and clear it from the canvas. 

AlexKo
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

Thanks for posting about this and pushing it up on our priority list. We just introduced an update to the way that caching works in Designer that allows you to create caches by right click on tools anywhere along your workflow. Part of the feature includes adding a bubble around the 'cached' tools so it's clear whether or not a cache is being utilized.

Hope this solves your problem! Check out 2018.3 to try the cache functionality out.

CiaranA
10 - Fireball

I have a very large complex workflow which I cache over 15 input streams while doing development later on in the workflow. At the moment I need to go through one by one and clear cache if I'm ready to do a full workflow execution with fresh data. 

A button to clear cache across all of the workflow (multiple cached input streams) would be super helpful. 

vaughangary
8 - Asteroid

"clear all cache" function please