Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Check inputs are valid before running worklfow

Here's a great idea and one that would save me ALOT of pain.

Can Alteryx validate that all of the inputs are valid before it begins to run a workflow?

For example, I am running a workflow that takes 4-5 mins to run each time, but it will only tell me that a file is missing or a connection is invalid when it needs to read that particular file/input (this could be one of the last tools to be read). What would be amazing is to have all the inputs checked first and then run the workflow.

Love you guys

@LordNeilLord

Part time Tableau, Part Time Alteryx. Full Time Awesome

2 Comments
ThizViz
11 - Bolide

Off the top of my head, could you create separate workflow(s) to check the files and throw an error if there are no records or something, but otherwise export as yxdb, then connect those to your current workflow with runners?

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes